Tuesday, August 5, 2014

The Gingham Sword - Introduction

In an effort to try to make this blog more predictable, and to get me to write more (I have a project I’m working on that I need to get back into, but I need to exercise my writing muscle first), I’m going to start serializing a story as I write it.
The story is called The Gingham Sword. If the title does not completely explain what the story’s about, allow me to explain.
If you’re not already aware, I am a huge fan of L. Frank Baum’s Oz books. Every time I find a new book, movie, comic, etc. about Oz, I am compelled to check it out. I’m also like this with pumpkin-flavored things.
So, I was reading something recently, I can’t quite remember what, but it dealt with adaptations of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz. I did not find anything in this article regarding an adaptation of a more fantasy setting (yes, I know, Oz is already Fantasy). Therefore, I put two and two together, and decided that I WOULD WRITE AN OZ FANTASY.
Since I find most Epic Fantasy uninteresting, I decided to make it a Sword and Sorcery tale.
The story is meant to be a reimagining of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz as a fantasy story. I will tag them all with "the gingham sword", and will try to add new “episodes” every Tuesday. Tuesday is my “writing” day, so if I feel compelled to write a post on writing, you may get one of those from time to time. But the rest of my Tuesday posts should be (drumroll please)
The Gingham Sword
by Jacob P. Silvia

No comments: