Friday, June 27, 2014

Community, For The Win

The article isn’t about the popular TV show, but rather about actual, or at least, digital, community.
I am a very big fan of a certain British fantasy author by the name of Michael Moorcock. When I first read The Eternal Champion, I was hooked, and have read everything I could get my hands on written by him, about him, or inspired by him. I’ll save the reason why I enjoy his writing to another post so I don’t distract from the point of this post.
My point is: My roof sucks. We (my wife and I) are finalists to get a free room from C&C Roofing as part of their Roofing it Forward competition.
I mentioned this on the forum of Moorcock’s official website, and the next thing I know, the admin sends out an email to pretty much all members explaining my predicament. Wow.
So, I’d just like to take this time to say: Thank you members of multiverse.org. You’ve been great. So great, I decided that my next NaNoWriMo novel will be total Moorcock pastiche.
But will it be CC0? I guess we’ll see...

No comments: