Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Auto-Comicing on the Gates of Blog

I wrote a Perl module. Well, I'm writing it.

It generates an SVG comic based on certain criteria. It's pure Perl, so it should work on any Perl-compliant OS. It also requires the SVG module.

http://jacob.silvia.googlepages.com/SVG-Comic-2008.02.12.zip

Let me know what you think. There's a README that tells you how to "install" it, and if you put it in the right place, you can RTFM by typing "perldoc SVG::Comic".

My module uses my amazingly intuitive versioning criteria, so don't be alarmed. It's an alpha, or a prototype, or something.

If there's any interest in developing this further, let me know. I'll start a Google Project, and then we can all work on it. Yay.

That's all.

Crossposted in The Eventide Knave and The Gangster of L'Oeuf.

No comments: