Sunday, February 24, 2008

This Crazy Weekend

This has been a crazy weekend. Also, the weather's been WONDERFUL.

On Friday, I got half my prize from the Space Westerns Limerick Contest. Still awaiting my Atomic Swindlers CD.

On Saturday, Amber and I drove up to Austin and went to the Elric: Stealer of Souls book signing. Pictures? Sure.

http://picasaweb.google.com/jacob.silvia/MichaelMoorcock

It was totally awesome. Also, the store was packed. Some people had really old first editions that they wanted to get signed. Others just had the book being released. Some people had heard of it weeks in advance, while others had only heard of it that morning. Most everyone there was from Austin, though there was a guy from Dallas. It was fun, even if it was a 3.5 hour drive.

Today, Amber and I went to the Houston Zoo. Before it opened, we walked around Hermann Park. Afterwards, we saw the Japanese garden, which was neat. I didn't see the Elephant Shrews while I was there, which kinda made me sad, as I think they're great. But, I did get to see the Fossa, sleeping. It was so cute.

Oh, and Eric, please try not to get jealous by what you're about to see:



Oh, and there's soon to be a Chipotle very, very much closer to us soon. Yay. No more driving to Pasadena for the burrito of the gods. That, and a World Market. Sweet.

Crossposted in The Eventide Knave and The Gangster of L'Oeuf.

No comments: