Wednesday, February 13, 2008

dmoz Blues

I got my website listed on dmoz (http://dmoz.org).

Unfortunately, the description they gave my page was totally lame.

http://www.dmoz.org/Arts/Online_Writing/Fiction/Personal_Pages/S/

It's almost as if the reviewer didn't actually look at the page and make a valued judgment of the page.

"Stories and a few poems, available through links to Google.docs and deviantART."

(1) There are more poems than prose.

(2) The first section of the published works page features OTHER sites (not controlled by me) featuring my written word.

(3) The self-published stuff is not only featured on "Google.docs" (sic) and deviantART, but also on LiveJournal.

I have half a mind to (a) update the listing or (b) become an editor, but for the most part, the listing is ... more or less ... accurate (aside from 1, 2, and 3).

On a related note, if anyone's interested in DRM-free PDF copies of my completed NaNoWriMos, let me know. I'll whip up a phat LaTeX-encoded document for your reading pleasures.

I'll eventually associate a CC license to all of my self-published things. Yay.

Crossposted in The Eventide Knave and The Gangster of L'Oeuf.

No comments: